Today there are six taxpayers to every one pensioner. In 15 years’ time there will be an estimated three taxpayers to every one pensioner.
Superannuation is a savings vehicle for your future and should become your most important asset. The current taxation laws for superannuation are extremely favourable, and as such its importance cannot be overestimated.
Important factors include:
- Is your superannuation appropriate for what is important to you?
- What do you want to do in retirement and how much do you need to save to do it?
- What can we do to improve your retirement position or help you save what you need?
- Are you paying too much, or paying for things you don’t need?
- Do we need to look to reduce your risks or will you need to look for more growth?
With our significant experience in this area, we can assist you with working out the numbers required to achieve your objectives, as long as you can tell us what you want to achieve.
Regardless of the needs you have or any unique circumstances you may face, we will endeavour to plan ahead to sufficiently make use of what you have to help you achieve what you want.
Whilst we are all naturally optimistic about our future, and that of our family, history has proven time and again that the unexpected occurs. It is important to plan for all eventualities, especially those that puts you at serious risk of not achieving your goals.
For this reason we strongly emphasise ensuring our advice to you meets your long term goals while ensuring they are stress tested against different circumstances.
For the protection of you and your family you’d need to consider:
- What if you lose your income either through sickness or accident?
- What if you have a serious illness or accident?
- For the consideration of your wider goals:
- What if there is a market crash?
- What legal issues should I be aware of?
- What flexibility of your plans might be required (e.g. access to funds)?
These questions, among others, are items we will need to investigate and understand about you to ensure we are not just looking at how to achieve your goals in the ideal circumstances, but also in less favourable and unforeseen circumstances too.
If you have money that’s uncommitted or future goals that you don’t know how to reach, and are keen to make your resources work as hard as possible, we can find you solutions to meet your needs.
In considering your overall circumstances, we will need to understand or consider:
The goal of the investment which ties into;
- The timeframe we need to consider
- How much you will need to save
- The returns you require to achieve your objectives
- Income requirements
- How this will affect your tax position
- What entities might play a part (e.g. trusts)
- Your attitude to risk (the “sleep” test)
Mentor Financial Services can construct investment portfolios which are tailored to your individual requirements. We are not owned by a product provider and have the ability to access investments from any provider that meets our research approval criteria.
We utilise data screened and rated by approved third party research houses for the basis of our investment selection. This ensures you are getting appropriate investments that are fit for the purposes that you require them.